I love Doctor Who. I made a shirt. It has space on it. David Tennant, the 10th Doctor, describes space:
“Actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, its more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.”


The fabric is Galaxy Poly Chiffon Digital Panel Print from Mood Fabrics. It is 59" wide, and when I ordered it, it was listed as being 23" long, although I don't see that now. The panel was cut all wibbly wobbly so it took me a long timey wimey to figure out how I would get the pattern pieces to fit correctly without losing length - it barely fit!



The pattern I used is for the very simple kimono sleeve tee in Simplicity 1690. I've made it twice before, in floral chiffon and chevron knit. Both of these have found a new home, as they didn't quite fit right (too short/tight at the hips and too wide at the shoulders, respectively).


This fabric is quite sheer, as you can see in the photo below. I serged all the seams for a clean finish, and serged and topstitched the neckline, hem, and sleeves. This is the same method I used for the floral version and it worked out very well. 


For the print placement, I wanted the main galaxy going across horizontally. I also wanted it to wrap around the side. When I laid out the pattern pieces (there are only two!) I tried to get as much of the print as possible at the side seam.

Side seam where large galaxy meets - now if I could just get Matt Smith's face to appear
There is not a lot I have to say about this top, except that it is super awesome fabric that makes even the simplest tee look good! Galaxy prints are awesome - I want them all. And I love the Doctor. The End.

What are some of your favorite TV Shows???