Pattern: Anna Dress - By Hand London
Fabric: Orange "Koi" / Gray Striped Rayon Challis - fabric.com





Hello wonderful readers! I am so happy to have finished this dress just in the nick of time for the Sew Weekly Reunion! I literally got this pattern out of the mailbox THIS MORNING!!! I have to admit that I had no intention of actually making this in time, but the awesomely fast shipping from WeSewRetro made it possible! Also thanks to my new rotary mat and cutter! And having the fabric pre-picked (we all know that can take most of the time ;)


The Facts

Fabric: Rayon Challis (2.5 yds)

Notions: thread, invisible zipper

Pantone Challenge colors: Koi

Pattern: Anna Dress - By Hand London


Year: 2013

Size: US 6 (bust) to US 10 (waist)

My Shape: Tall (6'0), pear shape, narrow shoulders, long torso, buxom hips ;)

Time to complete: 9:00-10:30am, 3:00-7:00pm, soooo 5 1/2 hours

First worn: Today!

Wear again? Absolutely

Total Cost: Around $20

Size Alterations: Graded up two sizes from bust to waist

Design Changes:  Due to the time constraints and slippery nature of the striped fabric I decided to forgo the original skirt (with 6 panels!) and just do a partial circle skirt - I really like how it turned out! I also moved the center back zip to a side zip.

Construction Notes:  I underlined the front bodice due to the sheerness of the fabric - I may go back and underline the skirt as well, but for now I have a half slip that does the job. The seams are a combination of pinked and french seams (completely intentional of course....) and the facing is made with the same white lining fabric as the underlining.





I named this the "Koi Pond Dress" for the color, obviously, but also I loved the recommendation in the instructions for the Anna dress to sew pennies into the hem for more swing! While I didn't do this for this dress, I absolutely love the idea, and the picture of a Koi Pond just got stuck in my head. So, to make up for the lack of pennies I took pictures by a pond... this comes with its own hazards...

Only three of a MILLION!
 Thankfully I had my handsome photographer there to ward them off. And the scenery was worth it!




So did you participate in the Sew Weekly reunion??? Are you good about meeting sew-along deadlines or do you cram last minute like me? Ever been chased by a goose on a photoshoot? (I must admit, attempting to photobomb the pics that the hubs was taking of them may have deserved it...)