Pattern: Cation Designs Dolman Sleeve Top (FREE PDF!)
Fabric: Paint Splatter Cotton Jersey/Rayon Knit in from The Needle Shop (Chicago - YEAH!)

 
A quick happy make for your viewing pleasure! :) I could not put this amazing plaint splatter print knit fabric down once I saw it at the Needle Shop - it had to be mine! Then to find a pattern that wouldn't make it too obnoxious ;) I went for the amazing Cindy's dolman top pattern - this is my second version (first here) and I think they made a good match!


Here are the details:

Pattern: Cation Designs Dolman Top

Size: Small

My Shape: Tall (6'0), pear shape, narrow shoulders, long torso

Fabric: Paint Splatter Cotton / Rayon Jersey Knit - 1 yard

Size Alterations: 

- Graded out at the hips
- Added 4" of length

Design Changes:

- Wider, more scooped neckline (see notes below)

Construction Notes:

- My original plan to finish the neckline with a band turned out super weird looking due to the crazy print - I just cut it off and turned the neckline under and stitched a narrow hem - it's a little wider and lower than I would have liked - I'll should probably add bra strap carriers to the inside, or not, b/c I'm lazy...
- Finished arms and hem with a sleeve band
- Stitched with regular old zig zag on Archibald, with turquoise thread :)


If you haven't already tried out this pattern, you really are missing out! It's such a quick make, great for loud prints, knit newbies, pdf pattern newbies (cats!) and tricky knit fabric! Not that this fabric was tricky - it was actually wonderful to sew with, and so colorful and happy! I smile every time I see (and now wear) it! :D

Instagram love ;)